MITA Launches New and Improved DBE Solicitation Website
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
MITA is pleased to announce the launch of an enhanced interactive DBE Solicitation website. The new website is designed to facilitate the effectiveness of prime contractor's DBE solicitation advertisements. Prompted by recent changes to various Good Faith Effort requirements, the website provides a layout for DBE solicitations that are in accordance with current state and federal requirements.
During the development of this website, MITA worked closely with both MDOT and MDEQ to ensure that the criteria required in the advertisements satisfies current solicitation requirements.
It should be noted that the use of this website does not completely satisfy your Good Faith Effort. However, it is a tool that should be used as step one of your effort.
This website has many new features that should help improve your DBE solicitation efforts. A few of these key features are:
- The DBE Solicitation advertisements are posted by the prime contractor.
- Work types for the desired subcontracted work can be easily selected from a drop down menu.
- DBE contractors who match the selected work types will receive an email regarding the posting.
- A list of the DBE contractors who received the posting will be provided to the prime contractor.
- All solicitations will be time stamped and posted to the website.
- All solicitations will be accessible via an archive function for those that need to be retrieved after the letting date.
As a MITA member, you can elect to sign up for one year of unlimited advertisement postings for $600/year or you may elect to pay $50 for each individual advertisement.
Click here to be directed to the DBE Solicitation website or simply enter www.MITAdbe.com in your browser.
To learn more about Good Faith Effort requirements:
For Federally Funded Road/Bridge Projects click here.
For projects funded by MDEQ through the State Revolving Fund click here.
During the transition period, click here to view previously posted ads.
If you have any questions about this new website, please contact Anita Lindsay or Doug Needham at the MITA office at 517-347-8336.